Senin, 03 Oktober 2011

Remembering Kevyn

I had the great honor of being able to call Kevyn Aucoin, my friend. He was just not only a magnificent artist, but more important, a magnificent human being. My older sister, Liza Minnelli, introduced us in 1991. We instantly hot it off.
                Kevyn did my make-up for photo shoots with my sister and for the 1993 Tony Awards. But I will always remember the day we spent together in my bathroom. Kevyn taught me how to do my own make-up. He told me to stop plucking my eyebrows every five minutes and, as we were finishing, he made a list of what we used. I asked him to come to Bloomingdale’s with me, fully expecting him to say “No”, but he said he’d love to and off we went. By 6.30 p.m., we had shopped our brains out and laughed so much that we were exhausted. I got into a cab and kissed him good-bye,
                Over the years, I’d also buy Allure every month to read his column. His work has truly made make-up as important as fashion.
                Spending time with Kevyn was like being hugged. He was an angel and all of us who knew him were lucky.

0 komentar:

Total Pageviews